The Christmas season got into full swing last night [Dec 7], as hundreds of people of all ages made their way to St George’s for the annual Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout in the Towne of St George’s.
They found a well-lit and well decorated ‘olde towne,’ with Sea Cadets handing out walkabout maps enabling walkers to find their special interest or performing group.
King’s Square featured live entertainment, with performances from the Jackson School of Performing Arts In Motion, the Bermuda School of Music and the Town Crier, and others.
In the World Heritage Centre at Penno’s Wharf, the Sassy Saxes blew seasonal music. In St Peter’s Church a bell choir, youth orchestra, and recorder ensemble added to the choice of music.
Tucker House and the Globe Hotel were open on the evening and lines of people made their way through these beautifully kept National Trust properties. In Tucker House, Derek Tully and Mike Jones set up in the dining room and entertained with flute and guitar.
Tasty and seasonal, mulled wine, was being ladled out in Butterfield Bank’s main banking hall. Other shops and art studios were open and seemed to be doing some good trade. The food stalls kept busy, and St George’s restaurants were open and full of diners.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Upcoming: Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular
- Photos: Santa & The Kids In St George’s
- Photos: Cedarbridge’s Santa’s Pink Suit
- Photos: 2010 CedarBridge Christmas Play
- Photos #2: Holiday Celebrations At Elbow Beach
- Photos #1: Holiday Celebrations At Elbow Beach
Articles that link to this one:
- Bernews Bermuda Weekend News, Photos, Videos, Links & More | Bernews.com | December 10, 2012