Closure Of Part Of Long Term Airport Parking Lot

November 3, 2017 | 10 Comments

Bermuda Skyport said that with “the Island continuing to experience unusually high tides,” they wish to “advise the public that part of the long-term parking lot at the L.F. Wade International Airport has been closed indefinitely as a precaution.”

“The excessive high tides, which have caused flooding conditions in the low-lying car park, are expected tomorrow through Wednesday, November 8. As a result, a section of the long-term parking lot will be closed. Partial barriers have been put in place while more visible fencing to cordon off the affected areas will soon be installed,” a spokesperson said,

Car being removed from airport long term parking when it flooded last month:

Motorists are asked to avoid parking in the cordoned-off area to avoid possible flood damage to their vehicles.

Mikaela Pearman, Marking & Communications Office, Bermuda Skyport, says: “We would like to advise vehicle owners to take extra caution when parking at the Airport’s long-term lot as Bermuda Skyport will not be responsible for any damage to vehicles.

“With the peak-travel November 11 holiday weekend approaching, available parking may be limited. As such, we’re asking travellers to kindly plan accordingly.”

For more information, please email info@skyport.bm.

click here banner airport 2

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, News

Comments (10)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. rene says:

There is another waste being dumped next door to effectively raise the height of the car park so this is no longer a problem.

2. Micro says:

Simple quick solution would be take any of the truck loads of rubble that go to the landfill every day and raise the whole lot.

3. Triangle Drifter says:

UMMMM would it not take too much to get some fill & raise the level of the area? You don’t close the car park & do nothing for months when travelers need parking.

4. Vortex says:

“Skyport will not be responsible for any damage to vehicles”. That is just nonsense. If I paid money to park at the airport in an area they know to flood, and the ocean came in, I am onto my lawyer in a heartbeat.

Of course they are responsible.

• puzzled says:

Then your creating your own Vortex.
      They warned you not to you dum sheet.

Who you gonna call; Mark?

• Vortex says:

So where do you park then?
        Busy airport; Classic Week, Pre xmas trips, heavy business flow pre Jan 1.

If they are gonna take my money, and my car is damaged – yes it should be on their dollar. Putting this weak release out doesn’t change that.

• Toodle-oo says:

You raise a point that I’m sure will have a lot of people saying ‘hmmm ?’ but I don’t think it’s that straightforward.

Let’s go back to Fabian in 2003 . Did anyone back then even think of seeking recompense from the airport authorities for the total loss of their cars ?
          And even since then people have been leaving their cars there for long term parking at the very height of hurricane season .

I have a strong feeling that there must be a sign down there somewhere that says ‘park at your own risk’.

Now , why anyone would want to leave their expensive cars there in that dusty , salty , extreme sun exposed place is beyond me. How much does long term parking cost compared to a round trip taxi fare ?
          I do know that some people say they don’t want the hassle of going through getting a taxi when they return home but there’s always the option of getting a friend to take you down and pick you up , even in your own car.

And as to liability . Has anyone every tried to claim off of the Corporation when their car was damaged in a city parking lot ? Or maybe at one of the grocery stores ? I’ve certainly never heard of such a case.

5. Drew says:

If anyone really paid attention the tides will be high like this for the next few months. This isn’t just a one off thing.

6. Ignaorance says:

Can I park my boat there?