Photos/Results: Premier & First Division Football

February 3, 2020

[Updated with photos] Footballers in both the First Division and Premier Division were in action this past weekend, with the PHC Zebras, X-Roads, Boulevard Blazers, St. David’s, Devonshire Colts, and St. George’s Colts all earning wins, while the North Village Rams and Robin Hood played to a draw and two other matches were cancelled.

Premier Division: North Village Rams 1 – Robin Hood 1

After a scoreless first half at Bernard Park, the game between Premier Division leaders North Village and second place Robin Hood came alive after 68 minutes.

Justin Bell had only been on the field for four minutes when he stepped up to convert a penalty for the North Village Rams after a foul in the box to give them a 1 – 0 lead, but one minute later the score was leveled when Tevahn Tyrell, who had only been on the field for five minutes, scored. A long ball found Tyrell, who chested the ball down and drove a low shot through players and into the back of the net.

The North Village Rams in the end were thanking goalkeeper Tahj Bell for making three clutch saves in the final ten minutes, with the best of the bunch being a save on a Jalon Bather header that seemed destined for the back of the net before Bell flung himself to his left to make the save.

Premier Division: Dandy Town Hornets 0 – X-Roads 0

This Premier Division match scheduled for the St. John’s Field was postponed due to the field being flooded.

Premier Division: Somerset Trojans 0 – PHC Zebras 3

The PHC Zebras traveled to Somerset Cricket Club and defeated the Somerset Trojans 3 – 0.

The Zebras got on the scoresheet in the first minute when Marco Warren scored, giving them a 1-0 lead going into the break.

Tre Ming doubled the PHC Zebras’ lead in the 51st minute and Cecoy Robinson scored in the 65th minute to earn them a 3 – 0 win.

Premier Division: X-Roads 3 – Southampton Rangers 1

At Garrison Field, X-Roads defeated the visiting Southampton Rangers 3 – 1. Donavan Thompson opened the scoring to give X-Roads the lead before Kieshon Wilson equalized for the Southampton Rangers as the teams went to the break level at 1 – 1.

In the second half, X-Roads got single strikes from Patrick Richardson and Tyrell Burgess to help them pick up the three points.

Premier Division: Boulevard Blazers 4 – Devonshire Cougars 2

The Boulevard Blazers came back from 2 – 0 down to win their first league game of the season, defeating the Devonshire Cougars 4 – 2 at the BAA Field.

After a scoreless first half, Koshun Durrant gave the Devonshire Cougars the lead in the 51st minute, and Shakii Pearman doubled the lead five minutes later.

The Boulevard Blazers began their comeback in the 63rd minute when Zaire Burchall scored. Six minutes later, the score was leveled when Enyche Zuill scored for the Boulevard Blazers.

Burchall scored what proved to be the game winner in the 86th minute for the Boulevard Blazers before Antoine Famous scored in stoppage time to earn the Boulevard Blazers the 4-2 victory.


First Division: St. David’s 1 – Young Men Social Club 0

At Lords in St. David’s, a First Division match between St. David’s and Young Men Social Club only saw one goal.

After a scoreless first half, the lone goal came in the 78th minute when Kontai Burton found the back of the net for St. David’s to earn them the three points.

First Division: Vasco 0 – Flanagan’s Onions 0

A match at Bernard’s Park between Vasco and Flanagan’s Onions was postponed.

First Division: Devonshire Colts 6 – Wolves 2

At the Devonshire Rec, the Devonshire Colts came away with a 6 – 2 win over the Wolves.

Senoj Mitchell gave the Devonshire Colts the lead in the seventh minute before Jared Peniston equalized for Wolves in the 19th minute.

The Colts went back in front in the 31st minute when Chermarl Henry scored. Henry scored again in the 46th and 68th minute to complete a hat trick and make the score 4 – 1.

In the 75th minute, Peniston pulled a goal back for Wolves, but Henry restored the three goal lead for the Devonshire Colts when he scored his fourth of the game in the 78th minute. Razhir Smith-Jones closed out the scoring by finding the back of the net in the 85th minute.

First Division: Hamilton Parish 0 – St. George’s Colts 3

The league leading St. George’s Colts defeated Hamilton Parish 3 – 0 at the Wellington Oval.

The St. George’s Colts took the lead on the stroke of half time when Alleye Francis found the back of the net. Jahron Dickinson converted from the penalty spot in the 82nd minute to double St. George’s Colts lead.

A second penalty converted by Wayne Broadley on the stroke of full time earned the St. George’s Colts the 3 – 0 win.

Click to enlarge photos:

20 Most Recent Sports Photo Galleries

click here banner football

Read More About

Category: All, Photos, Sports, Sports