Results: Premier & First Division Football

April 4, 2022

Footballers in the Premier Division and First Division were in action this weekend, with Boulevard Blazers, Ireland Rangers, Hamilton Parish, Young Men Social Club, Somerset Trojans, and St. George’s Colts all earning wins, while one match ended in a draw.

First Division

BAA 2 – Boulevard Blazers 3

At the BAA Field, the Boulevard Blazers made their long awaited return to the Premier Division following their 3 – 2 win over BAA.

BAA took a 1 – 0 lead in the 35th minute when Tre Burgess scored and they took that lead to the break.

The Boulevard Blazers would get back into the match in the 52nd minute when Tiquan Davis scored, then in the 66th minute the Boulevard Blazers took the lead with a goal from Sergio Woolridge. They added an insurance goal when Anthony Williams Smith scored to make it 3 – 1 in the 89th minute. In the 90th minute Patrick Quinn scored for BAA to make it 3 – 2.

Ireland Rangers 3 – Vasco 0

At the Somerset Cricket Club, the match between Ireland Rangers and Vasco was not played as Vasco informed the Association they were unable to field a team and therefore forfeited the match.

Hamilton Parish 3 – Wolves 1

At the Wellington Oval, Hamilton Parish were presented the First Division Trophy from Bermuda Football Association’s Second Vice President Crenstant Williams and the Minister of Sports Dr. Ernest Peets after they defeated Wolves 3 – 1.

Kneiko Richardson gave Hamilton Parish the lead in the 38th minute, but Derrick Brangman equalized for Wolves in the 43rd minute. Hamilton Parish got back in front in the 45th minute when Macquille Walker scored from close range after the Wolves goalkeeper Reid Trott could not hold onto a free kick.

Substitute Jermiah Steede added an insurance goal in the 90th minute with a header.

Young Men Social Club 6 – Paget Lions 0

At the Police Field, Young Men Social Club picked up a 6 – 0 win over the Paget Lions.

Young Men Social Club jumped out to a 1 – 0 lead in the first minute when Teron Butterfield scored. Jahmair Lewis-Trott doubled the Social Club lead when he found the back of the net in the fifth minute. From there it became the Shervin Jennings show: he made it 3 – 0 in the 13th, and then 4 – 0 in the 34th minute.

Jennings completed his hat trick with a goal in the 75th minute before scoring his fourth of the game in the 79th minute to make it 6 – 0.

Premier Division

Somerset Trojans 6 – Southampton Rangers 1

At the Somerset Cricket Club, the Somerset Trojans defeated the Southampton Rangers 6 – 1.

The Somerset Trojans took the lead in the fifth minute when Jaden Ratteray Smith scored. Jahkari Furbert doubled the lead six minutes later. In the 33rd minute, the Somerset Trojans went ahead 3 – 0 when Damon Swan scored. In stoppage time the Somerset Trojans went up 4 – 0 when Nathan Rego scored.

In the 73rd minute, Furbert scored his second goal of the game and the Somerset Trojans’ fifth. Allan Douglas then made it 6 – 0 in the 89th minute before Jahkhari Hollis pulled a goal back for the Southampton Rangers in the 90th minute.

North Village Rams 2 – PHC Zebras 2

At the Bernard’s Park, the North Village Rams put a big dent in the PHC Zebras title hopes following a 2 – 2 draw.

Antwan Russell gave the PHC Zebras the lead in the fourth minute, and then Enrique Russell doubled the lead in the 45th minute.

Jaizel Smith Deshields pulled a goal back for the North Village Rams in the 76th minute, Smith Deshields then scored for a second time in the 90th minute to earn them a point.

PHC Zebras now trail the Dandy Town Hornets by 1 point, the Dandy Town Hornets face the Devonshire Colts tomorrow night, and with a victory they would be crowned the Premier Division Champions.

Somerset Eagles 1 – St. George’s Colts 3

At the White Hill Field, the St. George’s Colts ended their season with a 3 – 2 win over the Somerset Eagles.

Only one goal was scored in the first half, as the St. George’s Colts took the lead in the 30th minute with a goal from Jai Burgess.

Cavun Ottley doubled the St. George’s Colts lead in the 47th minute, and then Phillip Anderson would make it 3 – 0 to the visitors, but Shakir Smith would pull a goal back for the Somerset Eagles in the 62nd minute, Smith would score again in the 84th minute to make it 3 – 2, but they ran out of time looking for the equalizer.

click here banner football

Read More About

Category: All, Sports