Today [Nov 20] the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences [BIOS] hosted their Marine Science Day at their Ferry Reach campus. Kids of all ages were thrilled by the ‘Wacky Science Demonstration’ which was repeated at various intervals through the day lead by BIOS education officer JP Skinner.
From exploding ‘rockets’ made from vinegar and baking soda [video], to eggs being sucked into jars, ‘ooze’ [video], marshmallows being puffed up [video], and the ‘explosion’ caused by combining mentos candy with Diet Coke, the BIOS scientists brought science to life in a way that entertained all the young people – as well as many of their parents.
Photos by Only the Best, click to enlarge:
- Photos: Students Visit BIOS Explorer Program
- Videos: Wacky Science Rockets, Ooze & More
- Going Where No Kids Have Gone Before
- International Parental Alienation Awareness Day
- WindReach Boccia Players Represent Bermuda
- Carifta Medalists Speak To Primary Students
Articles that link to this one:
- Videos: Wacky Science Rockets, Ooze & More | Bernews.com | November 21, 2010
- Photos: BIOS Marine Science Day | Bernews.com | November 22, 2010