The Bermuda Cricket Board [BCB] has begun holding the Pee Wee “Have-a-go” Children’s Cricket Programme. The sessions are held at Berkeley Institute Gym and will take place every Saturday, until March 26, 2011.
During the session, the children, aged 5-7, were introduced to the basics of cricket with the main aim of having fun. Utilizing the “Have-a-go” Cricket equipment, coaches work with the players on learning the basics skills of catching, bowling and batting with the aim of playing a game in the last half hour of the session. The emphasis of “Have-a-go” Cricket is on participation and enjoyment.
BCB President Reginald Pearman said, “This is one of the BCB’s most popular programmes with it being fully subscribed for the past two years. In 2010 it was noted that many of the players in the programme progressed to the 8&Unders and continued to play cricket in the 8& League.”
Photos by Only the Best, click to enlarge:
- Photos: Tokio Millennium Re Cricket League
- Photos: Pee Wee ‘Have-a-go’ Cricket Program
- Videos: Pee Wee Cricket Training
- Over 135 Children Register For Pee Wee Cricket
- BCB Youth League Registration Now Open
- Cricket Youth League Registration Opens