[Updated] “At approximately 5:35pm today marine police were dispatched to a report of a 18 foot fishing boat that capsized just off Devonshire Bay,” a police spokesperson said.
“Two males aged 40 and 60 were assisted to the shore and both appear to be fine. In the abundance of caution both men were taken to KEMH where they are being treated for non-life threatening injures and the fishing boat was severely damaged and has sunk.
“Marine police are advising the maritime community to exercise caution when going out on the water as we are expecting very rough and unpredictable waters for the next few days.”
Update 8.47pm: Photos below by Christopher Ingham
- Early Morning Sailboat Rescue
- Fishermen Released From Hospital
- Sailor Sustains Injury, Brought To Bermuda
- Boat Diverts: Crew Member Injures Eye
- ‘Spirit’ Briefly Grounded on Reefs
- Boats Break Free During Stormy Weather