Yesterday [Sept 7] in Magistrates Court, Shakeda Davis, 24, and Winston Burgess, 48, were charged with importing heroin.
The indictable charges were that between a date unknown and 24th April 2012, they conspired with others to import diamorphine [heroin]. The amount of heroin involved was said to be just over 154 grams.
Ms Davis alone faced a second charge of refusing to supply a sample of her hand-writing when requested to do so. This second offence was alleged to have occurred on 27th April 2012.
Because the matter will be handled in the Supreme Court, neither person was required to enter a plea.
Ms Davis was remanded into custody. Mr Burgess was granted bail of $40,000 with one like surety and required to surrender his travel documents.
- Defendants In Court For Monthly Arraignments
- Conditional Discharge For Marijuana Possession
- Woman Receives Suspended Sentence
- Police Investigate Court ‘Disturbance’
- Charged: Cannabis By Nursery School
- Social Inquiry Report For Trespasser
Articles that link to this one:
- Suspects In Heroin Case Granted $40k Bail | Bernews.com | September 23, 2012