Hurricane Rafael passed within 100nm of Bermuda last night, bringing some extra rain and winds but sparing the island any real strong effects.
The category one hurricane passed to the east south-east of the island with its closest point of approach at around 8pm. There biggest disruptions the storm caused were through flight cancellations, event cancellations as well as knocking out power for a few hundred people.
“Thankfully, Bermuda has again fared well through a storm,” said Minister of National Security Wayne Perinchief. “The EMO will continue to take any named storm seriously and always urge residents to be prepared..better safe than sorry.”
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photo Slideshow: East End After Hurricane Igor
- Photos: St George’s Town Floods Out
- Photos/Video: National Trust Christmas Event
- Photos: Olde Towne Market Gets Underway
- Photos: St George’s Olde Towne Market
- Photos: Olde Towne Market Second Week