The Bermuda National Athletics Association announced Bermuda’s Carifta team, with 12 athletes set to represent the island.
BNAA President Donna Watson said, “We are very excited with this team of 12 athletes and have no doubt they will represent Bermuda at these games very well. As is our normal the majority of the team is made up of jumpers and middle distance runners which is Bermuda’s strength.
“We are pleased with these athletes as they have performed very well over these past 4 days during the Inter-school sports and our last Carifta trial. Our goal this year when a team is selected is to make sure the athletes are competing and training consistently right up to the time the team is selected. We, the Board and the coaches, are all in agreement that each athlete that has been selected has met this criteria and is well prepared for Carifta.”
Accompanying the team will be Jarita Vickers and Rohaan Simons.
- Tiara Derosa – Shot Put and Discus
- Sakari Famous – HJ [a former Carifta medalist]
- Mikayla Wilson – HJ [first time Carifta athlete]
- Faheemah “Kyrah” Scraders – 1500m and 800m [first time in the U20, former Carifta medalist]
- Keisha Miller – Long Jump [first time Carifta athlete]
- David Darrell – 1500m
- Aaron Jacobs – 800m [first time Carifta athlete]
- Michaiah Robinson – 800m and 400m
- Elisha Darrell – HJ [first time Carifta athlete]
- Jah-Nhai Perinchief – HJ [first time in U20, former Carifta medalist]
- Ethan Philip – Long Jump and Triple Jump
- Kionje Somner – 200m and 400m