On the latest episode of ”The Colbert Report”, Comedy Central’s star Stephen Colbert talks about his experience in the most recent Charleston to Bermuda Yacht Race.
Mr. Colbert arrived at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club aboard “Spirit of Juno” early Saturday morning after crossing the East End finish line at approximately 5am. The comedian — who proclaimed himself “the world’s greatest sailor” in the May issue of “Sailing” magazine — had to settle for second place, crossing the finish line more than eight hours behind race rival “Tucana.”
The participation of Charleston native Stephen Colbert in this year’s event has earned the race global media coverage — and numerous plugs for both the race and Bermuda on the Comedy Central star’s faux talk show. Bernews got a quick second of airtime on the video, with our article flashing briefly across the screen.
- Video: Youth Sailors Return From Regatta
- Dkembe’s Voyage Through The South Pacific
- Optimist Open & National Championship
- Comets Territorial Regatta Results
- Bermuda Sailors Competing In Wales
- Scotiabank Optimist Regatta Concludes