A Bermuda registered Mega yacht, “Golden Odyssey”, has gone to the rescue of a fishing boat in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Costa Rica.
A Bermuda Maritime Operations Centre spokesperson said, “The 30 foot fishing boat ‘Maria Christina’ had apparently been adrift for 8 days, but all 3 persons on board have survived.
“The Maria Christina is registered in Costa Rica and those on board are understood to be Costa Rican nationals who had left from the Cocos Islands, a nature reserve some 550 km off the coast of Costa Rica.
“RCC Bermuda has been in touch with RCC Alameda, located near Oakland/San Francisco, who has been in touch with the Costa Rican RCC to coordinate.
“The Golden Odyssey currently has the fishing vessel under tow back towards Cocos Island where another local boat ‘Gaviota’ will take over for the final leg back ashore.”
- Fishermen Released From Hospital
- Sick Crew Member Transferred To Bermuda
- Powerboat Overturns Off Sandys
- Crewmember Falls Overboard: Ship Diverts
- U.S. Consulate Recognizes Shipping Companies
- Boat Runs Ashore North Of Agars Island