The Department of Public Transportation today [July 27] advised that following a two hour meeting with bus operators this morning, a new bus schedule failed to be ratified.
The new schedule has been an ongoing issue for some months now, with a meeting in May also failing to produce a new bus schedule. Bus service was suspended for the duration of both meetings.
“The Department of Public Transport will continue to work with the BIU representatives to resolve the outstanding concerns of their members and will keep the public advised on progress,” a spokesperson said.
- BIU President Updates On Negotiations
- Buses Are Running Today As Normal
- Union Meeting For Bus Drivers Finishes
- Bus Service To Stop For 2 Hours Tomorrow
- BIU Meeting: Bus Operators & Allied Divisions
- Notice Of ‘Industrial Action’, Not ‘Strike’