In Magistrates Court this morning [Aug 27], 23-year-old Julian Washington was charged with the attempted murder of Lavon Thomas and Darren Thompson in March of this year.
All charges relate to an incident on 24th March 2012. Washington was charged with two counts of attempted murder and two counts of using a firearm.
Represented by lawyer Larry Mussenden — but with an associate holding for Mr Mussenden — Washington was remanded into custody and will re-appear on 10th September 2012.
The shooting occurred around 3:45am on Saturday, March 24th on Reid Street Extension in the City of Hamilton and resulted in shots being fired into the windows of Sir John Swan’s Seon Place office building.
Washington is the third person to be charged in connection with the shooting, as in April of this year 23-year-old Devon Hewey was charged in relation to the incident, and Cervio Cox has also been charged with the incident.
- 22-Yr-Old Man Charged: Handling Ammunition
- Gunman Sentenced To 25 Years
- Smith Recharged Over 2009 Southside Shooting
- Kinte Smith Charged: 2009 Southside Shooting
- Man & Woman Charged With Gun Possession
- Anthony Swan Given 12 Years For Shooting