On Monday evening, [Oct 1] at 5:30pm, KPMG and the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation are hosting an informative and interactive Forum to introduce the BEDC’s new medium-sized business initiatives, and also discuss topics relevant to these companies.
Michelle Khaldun, Executive Director of BEDC comments: “Bermuda Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) is pleased to partner with KPMG to launch its work to facilitate the provision of business technical advice and support to Bermuda’s medium-sized businesses especially during these economically challenging times.
“KPMG’s interest in servicing this important sector of our economy dates back to late 2009 when our two organisations collaborated to survey the businesses to assess what support and assistance was required.
“As a result of these findings, BEDC’s legislation was amended in late 2011 to extend its remit of support to local medium sized business.
“This initial forum for businesses is evidence that KPMG is still there to assist in the provision of best practice advice to local medium-sized businesses as BEDC seeks to further develop its role in providing practical, creative and relevant support to those business leaders and owners wishing to maintain, sustain and position their companies to succeed and grow.”
Speakers and facilitators will include Patrice Minors, Minister of Economy, Trade & Industry, Michelle Khaldun, Executive Director of BEDC, Steve Woodward, Craig Bridgewater, and Charles Thresh, Managing Directors at KPMG.
Discussion topics will surround common issues facing businesses in Bermuda and globally, and will include the following:
- a) Managing your business through the economic downturn;
- b) Representation of your business sector on economic policy matter;
- c) Strategic planning;
- d) Identifying growth opportunities and supporting expansion; and
- e) Human resource strategies for recruiting and retaining staff.
The forum will be held at KPMG, Crown House, 4 Par-la-Ville Road from 5:30pm – 7:30pm on Monday, October 1, 2012. Refreshments will be served.
- Banker Larry Slaughter Joins Lazard Ltd.
- Canopius Merger With Tower Completed
- Omega: ‘This Has Been A Difficult Year’
- Chile’s Velasco Joins Lazard Ltd.
- Lazard Hires Cecil For Energy Arm
- Bermuda’s Juniperus Bought Out