Consumers paid 3.1 per cent more in August 2012 than they did a year ago for the basket of goods and services included in the Consumer Price Index. The rate of inflation increased from the 2.5 per cent measured in July 2012. Between July 2012 and August 2012, the average cost of goods and services in the Consumer Price Index rose 0.6 per cent. The all-items index increased to 120.5 index points in August. This means that the basket of goods and services that cost $100.00 in April 2006 now cost $120.50.
The full report is below [PDF here]:
- December 2012 Consumer Price Index
- November 2012 Consumer Price Index
- Inflation Rate Ticks Up By 1.7 Percent In April
- February Inflation Down Marginally
- Marginal Increase In Inflation Rate
- December Inflation Down Marginally