Young Mens Social Club, St. George’s Colts, Ireland Rangers, X-Roads, Robin Hood, PHC Zebras, and Somerset Trojans all walked away with wins in recent Premier and First Division football action.
First: Young Men Social Club 2 Paget Lions 1
After a scoreless first half at the PHC Stadium, Robert Richardson gave the Paget Lions the lead in the 56th minute, but Saki Tuzo equalized for Young Men Social Club with a strike in the 78th minute and then in the 87th minute Mike Smith would score what proved to be the winner for Young Men Social Club.
First: Hamilton Parish 0 St. George’s Colts 8
At the Wellington Oval, Donovan Thompson scored four times against his former team to lead the St. George’s Colts to a 8 – 0 win over Hamilton Parish. Jahron Dickinson added two goals, while Allan Douglas Jr. and Charles Marshall added a goal each.
First: Ireland Rangers 4 Wolves 2
Jahnai Ratteray scored a hat-trick to lead Ireland Rangers to their first League win of the season picking up a 4 – 2 victory over visiting Wolves at Malabar. Kirt Brown added the other goal for Ireland Rangers. Shacoi Daniels and Lamelle Paynter added a goal each for Wolves.
First: Southampton Rangers 1 St. David’s 1
At the Southampton Oval, St. David’s all but handed X-Road’s and Young Men Social Club promotion following their 1 – 1 draw with Southampton Rangers. Dunte Albouy scored for St. David’s but Lezano Hewey-Darrell would score for the Southampton Rangers.
First: X-Roads 5 BAA 2
At the Garrison Field Tyquann Perinchief scored four times for X-Road’s as they all but secured their promotion spot to the Premier Division with a 5 – 2 victory over BAA, Paul Smons added the other. Tyrell Burgess and Josh Hartman scored a goal each for BAA.
Premier: Devonshire Colts 0 Robin Hood 6
Shakir Smith taking on Devonshire Colts defender Robin Hood defeated the Devonshire Colts 6 – 0 at the Police Field. Robin Hood got two goals from Shakir Smith and Shannon Burchall, while Lejuan Simmons and Colin Ryan added the other.
Premier: PHC Zebras 2 Boulevard Blazers 1
At the PHC Stadium, a goal in each half from Cecoy Robinson earned the PHC Zebras a 2 – 1 win over the Boulevard Blazers. The win sent the PHC Zebras back to the top of the Premier Division standings. Niko Smith scored the lone goal for the Boulevard Blazers.
Premier: Somerset Trojans 2 North Village Rams 0
At the Somerset Cricket Club, the north Village Rams were knocked off the top of the table following their 2 – 0 defeat at the hands of the Somerset Trojans. Justin Corday scored in the 12th minute and Jonathan bean made it 2 – 0 with a goal in the 49th minute.
Premier: Somerset Eagles 1 Dandy Town Hornets 1
At the White Hill Field Angelo Simmons had given the Dandy Town Hornets the lead with a goal in the 38th minute, but a Akale Bean goal in the 89th minute earned the Somerset Eagles a 1 – 1 draw.
Click to enlarge photos:
20 Most Recent Sports Photo Galleries
- 18 Feb: Photos & Results: Women’s Field Hockey
- 17 Feb: Photos: Flying Colours Mountain Bike Race
- 17 Feb: Photos & Results: Football Premier, First Division
- 10 Feb: Photos & Results: Women’s Field Hockey
- 10 Feb: Photos & Results: FEI Jumping Challenge
- 09 Feb: Photos/Results: Denton Hurdle Memorial Rugby
- 04 Feb: Photos & Results: Ladies & Men’s Rugby League
- 03 Feb: Photos & Results: BHF Women’s Division Hockey
- 02 Feb: Photos & Results: Football Premier, First Division
- 29 Jan: Photos: First Annual Bermuda Motorsports Expo
- 29 Jan: Photos: Mountain Bike Racing At Ferry Reach
- 27 Jan: Photos: Weekend Rugby League Action
- 26 Jan: Photos & Results: Bermuda Youth Netball
- 26 Jan: Photos/Results: Ariel Re High School Rugby
- 26 Jan: Photos: Somerset Eagles Beat Devonshire Colts
- 22 Jan: Photos/Results: Canada Defeat Bermuda 4 – 2
- 22 Jan: Photos & Results: RES Spring Equestrian Show
- 20 Jan: Photos & Results: Women’s Field Hockey
- 19 Jan: Photos: Paul Marsden Memorial Rugby Game
- 19 Jan: Photos & Results: Boulevard vs St. George’s