North Village Rams, PHC Zebras, Robin Hood, X-Roads, and St. David’s all walked away with wins in recent Premier and First Division football action.
Premier: North Village Rams 1 Flanagan’s Onions 0
After a scoreless first half at Bernard park, Keishen Bean scored the lone goal of the game to earn the North Village Rams a 1-0 win over the Flanagan’s Onions to remain the League Leaders.
Premier: Devonshire Colts 1 PHC Zebras 2
At the Police Field, the PHC Zebras kept within striking distance of the League Leaders with a 2 – 1 win over the Devonshire Colts. Jaavaid Warren- Smith gave the PHC Zebras the lead in the 49th minute and Mazhye Burchall doubled the lead when he found the back of the net in 63rd minute. Kyle Jones would pull a goal back for the Devonshire Colts in the 73rd minute, but they could not find the equalizer.
Premier: Devonshire Cougars 0 Robin Hood 1
A single strike from Donte Brangman earned third place Robin Hood a 1-0 win over the Devonshire Cougars at the Devonshire Recreation Club.
Premier: Dandy Town Hornets 2 Boulevard Blazers 2
At St. John’s Field, Damon Ming gave the Dandy Town Hornets a 1-0 lead, Antoine Famous equalized for the Boulevard Blazers in the 32nd minute, Ian Coke would then give the Boulevard Blazers a 2-1 lead when he scored in the 41st minute, but Angelo Simmons would find the back of the net for the Dandy Town Hornets in the 62nd minute as the two teams played to a 2-2 draw.
First: St. George’s Colts 1 X-Roads 2
At the Wellington Oval, X-Roads moved within two points of league leaders Young Men Social Club with a 2 – 1 win over the St. George’s Colts. X-Road’s got goals from Paul Simons and William Aaron Spencer, while Jarazhino Bassett pulled a goal back for the St. George’s Colts.
First: St. David’s 7 Hamilton Parish 1
At Lord’s in St. David’s, the home team found themselves down 1-0 to Hamilton Parish from a John Hunter Tucker goal, but they bounced back to score seven times to win 7-1. Dunte Albouy led the way with a hat-trick, while Kontaicf Burton, Zachary Morris, Mikkail Crockwell and Delun Fishenden all added a goal each for St. David’s.
First: Wolves 1 Paget Lions 1
At the Devonshire Recreation Club, Wolves and Paget Lions played to a 1-1 draw, Dion Stovell had given Paget Lions the lead, but with the final kick of the game Raymond Butterfield equalized for Wolves.
First: Southampton Rangers 3 Ireland Rangers 3
At the Southampton Oval, Ireland Rangers picked up their first point of the season with a 3-3 draw with the Southampton Rangers. Jiriko Powell scored a hat-trick for Ireland Rangers, while Keedai Astwood scored twice for the Southampton Rangers and Andrew Raynor scored the other.
Click to enlarge photos:
20 Most Recent Sports Photo Galleries
- 10 Feb: Photos & Results: Women’s Field Hockey
- 10 Feb: Photos & Results: FEI Jumping Challenge
- 09 Feb: Photos/Results: Denton Hurdle Memorial Rugby
- 04 Feb: Photos & Results: Ladies & Men’s Rugby League
- 03 Feb: Photos & Results: BHF Women’s Division Hockey
- 02 Feb: Photos & Results: Football Premier, First Division
- 29 Jan: Photos: First Annual Bermuda Motorsports Expo
- 29 Jan: Photos: Mountain Bike Racing At Ferry Reach
- 27 Jan: Photos: Weekend Rugby League Action
- 26 Jan: Photos & Results: Bermuda Youth Netball
- 26 Jan: Photos/Results: Ariel Re High School Rugby
- 26 Jan: Photos: Somerset Eagles Beat Devonshire Colts
- 22 Jan: Photos/Results: Canada Defeat Bermuda 4 – 2
- 22 Jan: Photos & Results: RES Spring Equestrian Show
- 20 Jan: Photos & Results: Women’s Field Hockey
- 19 Jan: Photos: Paul Marsden Memorial Rugby Game
- 19 Jan: Photos & Results: Boulevard vs St. George’s
- 16 Jan: Photos Set #2: 2017 Marathon & Half Marathon
- 15 Jan: Photos: 2017 Bermuda Half Marathon Finish Line
- 14 Jan: Photo Set #2: Marathon Weekend 10K Run, Walk