An estimated total of 351 Kg [771lbs] of controlled drugs with an estimated street value of $52 million was seized in 2011, according to the crime statistics released yesterday [Feb.21].
Cocaine was the most common drug with 167.3 Kg [368lbs] seized with a value of $39.3 million. “The level of cocaine is unusual and is related to the seizure of a vessel in August 2011,” the report said.
Cannabis was the next most common drug seized in 2011 with 108.6 Kg [239lbs] seized at a value of $5.4 million.
The majority of drugs seized in 2011 were at street level  while there were 177 seizures at ports — including LF Wade Airport — and 21 overseas seizures which involved overseas law enforcement agencies.
- 2010: Drug Seizures of $29.5 Million
- $14.6 Million Worth Of Drugs Seized In 2012
- 2012 End of Year Crime Statistics Released
- Police Release 2011 Crime Statistics
- Police: 2011 Second Quarter Crime Statistics
- Burch & DeSilva on 2010 Crime Statistics