Age Concern Bermuda will host the third and final seniors’ community discussion on Saturday, May 12, from 10am to 12noon at Penno’s Wharf.
Age Concern Executive Director, Mrs. Claudette Fleming stated, “On behalf of the Advocacy Committee of Age Concern Bermuda, I am pleased to announce we will host the third and final Seniors’ Community Discussion. Over the last few months, our goal has been to ensure the candidates running for political office in the upcoming general election are aware of the issues and concerns facing seniors in Bermuda.
“The first two meetings were held at Sandys Secondary Middle School and Dellwood Middle School in February and March, respectively. This third discussion will follow the same format as the previous meetings. We believe the formula created gives everyone who attends, an opportunity to sit with a representative from their area and provide insight, input and solutions from a senior’s perspective.
The three political parties and the independents running in the eastern constituencies have been invited to participate.
The objectives for the meeting remain the same to:
• raise awareness amongst the candidates running in the next general election of the issues facing seniors; and
• create a platform for those candidates to participate in discussions directly with Bermuda’s seniors.
For more details contact the Age Concern Bermuda office at 238 7525 or visit www.ageconcern.bm.
- Upcoming: Debate On The Economy
- Upcoming: An Intergenerational Conversation
- Upcoming Forum On Impact Of The Economy
- Public Discussion On Age Discrimination
- Speakers For Upcoming TEDxBermuda Event
- Upcoming: ‘Your Right to Know’