The Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Limited today [Aug 31] announced that Brendan McDonagh, who was previously Executive Chairman, has been appointed Chairman & Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect.
Mr. McDonagh joined Butterfield in January 2012 as Executive Chairman Designate and was officially appointed to the position of Executive Chairman in May 2012.
Bradford Kopp, President & Chief Executive Officer and a Director of the Bank, has retired. Mr. Kopp joined Butterfield in 2009 as Chief Financial Officer and was appointed to the position of President & Chief Executive Officer in March 2010.
A statement from the Bank said: “The Bank’s Board of Directors wishes to thank Mr. Kopp for his many contributions to Butterfield. As Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Kopp played a key role in the 2010 recapitalisation of the Bank. During his tenure as President & Chief Executive Officer, Butterfield returned to profitability and now is well positioned for future growth.”
- Butterfield Appoints Frumkin as New VP
- Victor Dodig Joins Bank of Butterfield Board
- Butterfield Names Jim McPherson Head of Audit
- Butterfield Names Brad Rowse New CFO
- Schmalcel To Take On Butterfield Bahamas Role
- Bermudian McIntosh On Leaders List