“The 24 year old Sandys parish resident arrested in connection with the murder of Lorenzo Stovell has been released on police bail pending further inquiries,” a police spokesperson said.
“Detectives continue to urge anyone with information to come forward to assist in bringing the offender(s) to justice – by contacting the Serious Crime Unit on 247-1739 or the independent and anonymous Crime Stoppers hotline on 800-8477.”
At 11:40pm on Sunday, September 23rd Mr Stovell was shot while sitting in a mini-bus outside Woody’s Bar on Malabar Road in Sandys. The 24-year-old used a wheelchair due to being partially paralyzed in a previous shooting in December 2011.
The police have previously said that Mr Stovell and several female friends were on a “party bus” travelling to various locations across the island. They stopped at Woody’s, and Mr Stovell remained on the bus while his friends went inside. The suspect[s] approached the bus, firing several times, and escaped on a motorcycle.
- One Person Arrested: Lorenzo Stovell Murder
- ‘Shocked, Saddened By Another Pointless Death’
- 24-Year-Old Man Shot Dead In Sandys
- Murder Victim Named As Lorenzo Stovell
- Malcolm Augustus Murder: Three People Arrested
- Witness Appeal: Murder of Jason Smith