The police have now officially confirmed the death of 31-year-old Jason Darrell following a motorcycle collision on January 26th. Mr Darrell had been in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit before succumbing to his injuries earlier this week. His death marks the fourth road fatality of the year.
A police spokesperson said, “The Bermuda Police Service can now confirm the death of 31 year old Jason Darrell. Mr. Darrell was seriously injured when the motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with another motorcycle and a car at the junction of Harbour Road and Salt Kettle Road in Paget around 5:10pm Saturday, January 26th.
“Mr. Darrell was in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit of King Edward VII Memorial Hospital before ultimately succumbing to his injuries earlier this week.
“The investigation into this fatal collision is ongoing and witnesses, specifically anyone who encountered the collision and may have stopped to assist, should contact PC David Ward at the Roads Policing Unit directly on 247-1504. The Bermuda Police Service extends condolences to the family & friends of Mr. Darrell”
This marks the fourth road fatality for for 2013, and also the fourth in the month of January. The death of 51-year-old Andrew Peniston on Jan. 6 was the first, the death of 31-year-old Haile Matthews on Jan. 18 was the second, and the the death of 25-year-old Torrie Baker on Jan. 19 was the third.
Articles that link to this one:
- 29-Year-Old Man Killed In Motorcycle Collision | Bernews.com | February 2, 2013
- Police ID Road Victim: 29-Yr-Old Jevanie Fubler | Bernews.com | February 3, 2013
- 31-Yr-Old Man In ICU After Bike/Car Collision | Bernews.com | February 11, 2013
- Man Charged With Causing Motorcyclist’s Death | Bernews.com | February 12, 2013
- Infographic: Road Death Statistics 2000 – 2013 | Bernews.com | February 13, 2013