BFRS Respond To Fire Incident In Pembroke

July 2, 2019 | 0 Comments

The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service [BFRS] responded to a report of a fire at Friswells Road in Pembroke this morning [July 2].

BFRS Staff Officer Sergeant Allan Wilkinson said, “Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service received a call via 911 at 9:15 reporting a structural fire at Friswells Road, Pembroke.

“Upon arrival firefighters noticed the fire was out and all occupants were outside. The lower apartment which is occupied by the Maxilous Salon was completely smoke logged. Firefighters ventilated the building using smoke extractors.

“There were four adults and one child inside the structure at the time of the incident. All persons were assessed and one adult female was transported to KEMH as a result of first degree burns to both wrists. All other occupants were assessed for respiratory discomfort, but did not wish to be transported to KEMH.

“The cause of the incident was due to a staff member decanting a flammable liquid over a bathroom sink in close proximity to a burning candle.”

click here Bermuda fires

Share via email

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

Leave a Reply