Bermudians stopped and watched this morning [Feb 14], as a number of visiting military planes took off from LF Wade International Airport. There appeared to be two larger aircraft carrying the markings of the Royal Air Force, and six smaller fighter jets, all of which stopped over this weekend for an approximately 36 hour layover.
Loud, vibrating roars could be heard as each jet took off in succession, one after the other this morning. They are pictured here right after their arrival on the island Saturday night.
- CO Vision: Expanded Role, Increase Volunteers
- Slideshow: Onboard The HMS Lancaster Ship
- Photos: Regiment Change Of Command Parade
- UK Navy Ship HMS Lancaster Arrives In Hamilton
- WW2 B-17 Bombers Flying Through Bermuda
- Egyptian Military Airplane Stops In Bermuda