The Transport Ministry said there may be interruptions in bus service from 2pm to 7pm today [June 20] as 18 buses are out of service waiting for new tires, which are expected in tomorrow.
A spokesperson said, “The Department of Public Transport [DPT] wishes to advise the public that there may be some interruption to service today during the peak period from 2:00pm – 7:00pm.
“A higher than normal number of vehicles are currently out of service and DPT is closely monitoring the service and will continue the scheduled runs where the demand is highest.
“The current situation will be alleviated with the scheduled delivery of a shipment of tires tomorrow, June 21st, as currently 18 buses are out of service waiting for new tires.
“DPT apologies for any inconvenience that may be caused and will endeavor to keep the travelling public advised.”
- Numerous Bus Cancellations
- Bus Service To Be Interrupted For Meeting
- Minister: Wheelchair Access On Buses
- Video: Transport Minister On Buses
- Disruption In School Bus Service
- Bus Schedule: Heading to Arbitration