Bermuda-based Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. has named Christopher Downey as Head of Global Casualty and Specialty Treaty Reinsurance, effective immediately.
Mr. Downey is responsible for leading the full portfolio of casualty and specialty treaty business written through Montpelier Re and will report directly to Christopher Schaper, President of Montpelier Re.
Mr. Downey has nearly twenty years of underwriting and actuarial experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as SVP Specialty & Casualty at Alterra Bermuda. He is a graduate of Cornell University and is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Mr. Schaper said, “I am very pleased to have an individual with Chris’ capabilities, background and knowledge join and lead our team. I look forward to working closely with him.”
The appointment is subject to approval of the Bermuda Department of Immigration.
- Tom Busher To Retire From Montpelier Re
- Montpelier’s New Individual Risk Property Head
- Dalton Named Montpelier Underwriting President
- Montpelier Re Names New Risk Analytics Head
- Around The World On 1200CC’s
- Montpelier Re Declares Quarterly Dividend