People made their way to the Botanical Gardens last night [Sept 21], as local and international artists took the stage to perform a tribute to the music of John Lennon, on a day which was chosen to coincide with the International Day of Peace.
John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono released a video earlier this year saying: “I am pleased that John is being honored in the Bermuda Botanical Gardens. It is where he discovered the Double Fantasy freesia flower which became the title of his last album. Know that he loved and was immensely inspired by Bermuda. His spirit is now a part of the beautiful Botanical Gardens where I hope peace and love will grow.”
All My Loving by Maxi Priest:
‘The Love Singers’ which included Tourism Minister Wayne Furbert:
Tony Brannon & the Grand Finale of the concert:
- Additional videos will be uploaded over the weekend, and you can view all our coverage of the concert here.
- Full Video Set: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Video Set #2: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Slideshow: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Photo Set #2: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Lennon Peace Day Concert Raises $92,500
- Photo Set #1: John Lennon Tribute Concert
Articles that link to this one:
- Video Set #2: Bermuda John Lennon Tribute Concert 2012 | Bernews.com | September 23, 2012