The Bermuda National Athletics Association National Coach Troy Douglas announced the new track and field coaching staff this morning [Nov 13].
The group will include middle distance coaches Mike Watson, Jarita Vickers and Jay Donawa, while the sprints/relay coaches are Mike Swan, Devon Bean and Xavier James.
The throwing coaches are Linda Manders, Sonya Smith and Terry-Lynn Panyter, Brian Wellman is the jumpers coach, and Cal Simons and Mr Douglas will head up the Youth Talent Development coaches.
Mr Douglas — a four-time Olympian — recently returned home to serve as the National Track & Field Coach, and pledged that we will be seeing “some fantastic things” in the future from the island’s track and field athletes.
- Lewis Carries Bermuda Flag In Mexico
- Photos & Results: 2011 BTFA Track & Field Meet
- Results: Cross Country at the Arboretum
- IAAF World Athletics Day Results & Photos
- Bermuda Win Two More Carifta Medals
- Results: National Cross Country Championships