The US company presently running the Transitional Living Centre [TLC] at Westgate Correctional Facility will not have their contract renewed.
The TLC — presently run by a company based in Philadelphia — is a facility located at Westgate that houses prisoners who are soon due for release.
Inside the TLC, the soon-to-be-released men handle all their own affairs. They hold down jobs and pay a form of rent for their living space. They do their own cooking and cleaning, while the TLC staff provide various types of counseling.
Unofficial reports suggest that the present TLC staff have been told that their jobs will end on or around June 29th. We asked the Ministry of Justice for clarification on this matter on Thursday, and will update as able with their reply.
- Westgate Hosts ‘Community Reintegration Fair’
- Reports: Corrections/COH Consider Strike Action
- Government W&E Program to Employ Ex-Inmates
- Minister Updates: Substance Abuse Treatment
- Seminars On Employment Act To Be Conducted
- 2010 Personal & Household Income Report