Westgate prisoner Jahmel Blakeney appeared in Magistrates Court this morning [July 19] where he pleaded not guilty to two counts of assaulting prison officers, however he did admit to one charge of possession of cannabis inside Westgate.
Mr Blakeney, 30, remained silent throughout the proceedings, and will stand trial on the assault charges in October 2012.
- File photo
- Cannabis: Westgate Prisoner Pleads Not Guilty
- Inmate Admits Assaulting Another Prisoner
- Prisoner Denies Assaulting Another Inmate
- Southside Shooting Trial Set To Begin
- Prisoner Pleads Guilty To Head-Butting Officer
- Alvone Maybury Charged With Wounding