The Police Marine Unit was spotted this evening [July 19] searching the waters off the Causeway in St George’s. There had been a noticeable police presence in the area from approximately 5pm, with officers seen walking up and down appearing to be searching the water’s edge.
At approximately 6.30pm a police boat arrived and officers proceeded to search the waters from the boat, before a police diver entered the water a short time later. Evening commuters making their way across the Causeway slowed down to watch the police work
Unofficial reports suggest that that a member of the public saw something in the water, and the police were unable to find anything searching from land, so brought in the marine unit to investigate further. We will update with any additional information if able.
- Thieves Take To the Seas: Thefts From Boats
- Man Arrested On Suspicion of “Drunk Boating”
- Video: Marine Police Handover Boat to Regiment
- Two ‘Missing Sailors’ Arrested On Arrival
- 48-Yr-Old Arrested In Caves Expected in Court
- Photos Released: Police Rescue Boaters